File Downloads in ASP.NET

Tony

Hello
I want to provide the ability to download files from a web page based on
whether a user has paid for the file. I therefore need to hide the URL from
the user.

How do I write code to download a file and hide its URL?
TIA
Tony

Jeff Cochran

I want to provide the ability to download files from a web page based on
whether a user has paid for the file. I therefore need to hide the URL from
the user.

How do I write code to download a file and hide its URL?

This is a Classic ASP forum, the ASP.NET ones are the ones with
"dotnet" in the name. If you wanted to use Classic ASP (and likely in
..NET as well) you could stream the file from outside the web folder
hiearchy. Start with:

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/ado/quickref/stream.html

Jeff