    How do I write code to download a file and hide its URL?
    TIA
    Tony
    Tony, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Tony

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 08:31:05 -0800, "Tony"
    <> wrote:

    >I want to provide the ability to download files from a web page based on
    >whether a user has paid for the file. I therefore need to hide the URL from
    >the user.
    >
    >How do I write code to download a file and hide its URL?

    This is a Classic ASP forum, the ASP.NET ones are the ones with
    "dotnet" in the name. If you wanted to use Classic ASP (and likely in
    ..NET as well) you could stream the file from outside the web folder
    hiearchy. Start with:

    http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/ado/quickref/stream.html

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jan 9, 2005