File::Glob can't load module [cygwin], perl-5.8.4 9 (newbie)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Mike O., Jun 13, 2004.

  1. Mike O.

    Mike O. Guest

    I am playing with compiling Perl 5.8.4 under cygwin. Can anyone help me fix
    the error I seem not get past?

    ../perl harness
    Can't load module File::Glob, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
    (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
    dynamic loading or has the File::Glob module statically linked into it.)
    at harness line 52
    Compilation failed in require at harness line 52.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at harness line 52.

    I was trying to compile using:
    sh Configure -Duse64bitint \
    -Duseshrplib \
    -Dprefix=/u01/app/perl \
    -Dinstallusrbinperl=n -Dcc=gcc -Doptimize='-O2' \
    -Dperladmin='<e-mail address>' -des

    Thanks!
    Mike O., Jun 13, 2004

  2. Mike O.

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth "Mike O." <>:
    > I am playing with compiling Perl 5.8.4 under cygwin. Can anyone help me fix
    > the error I seem not get past?
    >
    > ./perl harness
    > Can't load module File::Glob, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
    > (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
    > dynamic loading or has the File::Glob module statically linked into it.)
    > at harness line 52
    > Compilation failed in require at harness line 52.
    > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at harness line 52.
    >
    > I was trying to compile using:
    > sh Configure -Duse64bitint \
    > -Duseshrplib \
    > -Dprefix=/u01/app/perl \
    > -Dinstallusrbinperl=n -Dcc=gcc -Doptimize='-O2' \
    > -Dperladmin='<e-mail address>' -des

    Run Configure without -des, and when you get to the question about
    dynamic loading say that you want to support it. If perl won't do that
    under cygwin (??) then you will need to add File::Glob to the list of
    extensions to be build in statically.

    Ben

    --
    'Deserve [death]? I daresay he did. Many live that deserve death. And some die
    that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal
    Ben Morrow, Jun 14, 2004