File::Glob can't load module [cygwin], perl-5.8.4 9 (newbie)

Mike O.

I am playing with compiling Perl 5.8.4 under cygwin. Can anyone help me fix
the error I seem not get past?

../perl harness
Can't load module File::Glob, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
(You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
dynamic loading or has the File::Glob module statically linked into it.)
at harness line 52
Compilation failed in require at harness line 52.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at harness line 52.

I was trying to compile using:
sh Configure -Duse64bitint \
-Duseshrplib \
-Dprefix=/u01/app/perl \
-Dinstallusrbinperl=n -Dcc=gcc -Doptimize='-O2' \
-Dperladmin='<e-mail address>' -des

Thanks!

Ben Morrow

Quoth "Mike O. said:
I am playing with compiling Perl 5.8.4 under cygwin. Can anyone help me fix
the error I seem not get past?

./perl harness
Can't load module File::Glob, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
(You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
dynamic loading or has the File::Glob module statically linked into it.)
at harness line 52
Compilation failed in require at harness line 52.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at harness line 52.

I was trying to compile using:
sh Configure -Duse64bitint \
-Duseshrplib \
-Dprefix=/u01/app/perl \
-Dinstallusrbinperl=n -Dcc=gcc -Doptimize='-O2' \
-Dperladmin='<e-mail address>' -des

Run Configure without -des, and when you get to the question about
dynamic loading say that you want to support it. If perl won't do that
under cygwin (??) then you will need to add File::Glob to the list of
extensions to be build in statically.

Ben