File I/O problem. VHDL

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by mreister, Aug 19, 2008.

  1. mreister

    mreister

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Messages:
    10
    I am trying to write information to a text file in VHDL. Here is my code

    type frame_data is array (31 downto 0) of std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);

    type my_file is file of frame_data;
    file load_file : my_file is out "DSP_Output.txt";

    variable trace_line : line;

    write ( trace_line,string'("test"));
    writeline (load_file,trace_line);

    I recieve the following error when i check syntax:

    writeline can not have such operands in this context.
    mreister, Aug 19, 2008