    suitable for a preview that could be stored in a database?

    Many thanks in advance!

    Aaron
    Aaron Fude, May 10, 2008

  2. Aaron Fude

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 9 May 2008 16:10:22 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude
    said :

    > Is there a tool that
    >would convert (as many as possible) various formats into images
    >suitable for a preview that could be stored in a database?

    In windows you can feed documents to the command interpreter and it
    will try to find an associated viewer.

    What you need is something like the old DOS Magellan that had fast
    viewers for all manner of file formats.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary