File Input Times Out

Steve Lloyd

Hi, I dont know if this should be in a html newsgroup or this one, so
apologies if it mislocated...

I have a page that uses a <input type=file ..> then uploads an image to the
server, then I resize the image to the size required by the web page.

The problem is that if ppl upload a big image/slow connection the page sits
there apparently doing nothing and then display a 404.

Does anyone know of/have a slick way of putting up some sort of an
"Uploading..." box and preventing the page from timing out.

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve Lloyd

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

One approach is to extend the browser timeout directive in the config file.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]