File locked by another process when cached with CacheDependency

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Keith, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Hi.

    I've developed an ASP.NET web service that uses an xml file to store
    configuration settings. I'm creating a cache dependency based on the xml
    file and its schema, like this...

    XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
    { ........ }
    string [] filePaths = { filePath, schemaPath };
    CacheDependency dep = new CacheDependency(filePaths);
    Context.Cache.Insert(key, doc, dep);

    The problem is the files are being locked by another process. I'm assuming
    they're locked by the aspnet_wp process, because if I run iisreset, the
    files are free until the next time the web service is called.

    I'd like to be able to update the files without having to reset the server
    each time. I'd expect the cached item would then be cleared from cache, so I
    can reload it with the newer version of the xml document.

    The documentation for HttpContext.Cache says this is possible, but it's not
    working.

    Thanks in advance.

    -|<eith.

    Keith, Oct 1, 2003