File Manager Application

Guest

Does anyone know of a good File Manager application that is available for
ASP.NET? Something that would allow the bulk uploading of files that would
be available for download, and that would incorporate security and file
details possibly? Has anyone had any experience using anything close to
this? Any thoughts?

Guest

Try explaining that to your typical AOL.COM customer.

I think there are two things you can look into, creating an upload page that
allows multiple uploads, awfully slow and will be prone to many timeouts. Or
create a client-side application (the trendy word is smart client) that will
upload the files for your user from their desktop.

I get this complaint a lot from users because it takes them too long to
upload files. I think if you made a desktop application that would utilize
FTP like services on the backend it would work out much better, You could
hide the time to upload their large files from them in a background process.
Oh, I think you should be able to use web services to do this.

Go look at the FotoVision sample, I think it has a client that does this.