File Manipulation

Ryan Waye

I have looked extensively, and I have been unable to find commands that
allow a C++ program to manipulate other files in a windows environment.
I use the Dev-C++ compiler. How do I make C++ do
simple things like copy and past files, and navigate directories? Also,
where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
these annoying questions?

RW

John Harrison

Ryan Waye said:
I have looked extensively, and I have been unable to find commands that
allow a C++ program to manipulate other files in a windows environment.
I use the Dev-C++ compiler. How do I make C++ do
simple things like copy and past files, and navigate directories? Also,
where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
these annoying questions?

No such commands exist in standard C++. You need to use the Windows API
instead. How you do that with the Dev C++ compiler I don't know, and its off
topic on this group anyway which only deals with standard C++.

For help on the Windows API look at the MSDN site, msdn.microsoft.com.

john

Uwe Schnitker

John Harrison said:
No such commands exist in standard C++. You need to use the Windows API
instead. How you do that with the Dev C++ compiler I don't know, and its off
topic on this group anyway which only deals with standard C++.

For help on the Windows API look at the MSDN site, msdn.microsoft.com.

john

Alternatively, one can use the Boost Filesystem Library.