    where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
    these annoying questions?

    RW

    Ryan Waye, Jun 23, 2004

  2. "Ryan Waye" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have looked extensively, and I have been unable to find commands that
    > allow a C++ program to manipulate other files in a windows environment.
    > I use the Dev-C++ compiler. How do I make C++ do
    > simple things like copy and past files, and navigate directories? Also,
    > where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
    > these annoying questions?

    No such commands exist in standard C++. You need to use the Windows API
    instead. How you do that with the Dev C++ compiler I don't know, and its off
    topic on this group anyway which only deals with standard C++.

    For help on the Windows API look at the MSDN site, msdn.microsoft.com.

    john

    John Harrison, Jun 23, 2004

  3. "John Harrison" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Ryan Waye" <> wrote in message
    > > I have looked extensively, and I have been unable to find commands that
    > > allow a C++ program to manipulate other files in a windows environment.
    > > I use the Dev-C++ compiler. How do I make C++ do
    > > simple things like copy and past files, and navigate directories? Also,
    > > where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
    > > these annoying questions?
    > >

    > No such commands exist in standard C++. You need to use the Windows API
    > instead. How you do that with the Dev C++ compiler I don't know, and its off
    > topic on this group anyway which only deals with standard C++.
    >
    > For help on the Windows API look at the MSDN site, msdn.microsoft.com.
    >
    > john

    Alternatively, one can use the Boost Filesystem Library.

    Uwe Schnitker, Jun 24, 2004