    Would "Access this computer from the network" be sufficient, given that I do
    not want to add the .NET user to the local "Users", "Power Users" or
    "Administrators" group?
    Patrick, May 3, 2006

  2. I would think that would work with Access this computer from the network. It
    should be easy enough to test out. If you still have problems make sure that
    auditing of logon events for success and failure and auditing of privilege
    use for failure only is enabled on the computer with the share in Local
    Security Policy [or Domain Controller Security Policy for domain
    controllers] as events in the security log could then help you troubleshoot
    the access problem. --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, May 4, 2006