File mapping security rights

Patrick

I have a .NET program that need to access files from another Windows 2000
server or Windows XP Workstation.

On the target Windows 2000 server or Windows XP Workstation, what
permissions (under Local/Domain Security Policy) are required to grant the
..NET user rights to copy/read files *without* granting the .NET user rights
to logon to the machine?

Would "Access this computer from the network" be sufficient, given that I do
not want to add the .NET user to the local "Users", "Power Users" or
"Administrators" group?

Steven L Umbach

I would think that would work with Access this computer from the network. It
should be easy enough to test out. If you still have problems make sure that
auditing of logon events for success and failure and auditing of privilege
use for failure only is enabled on the computer with the share in Local
Security Policy [or Domain Controller Security Policy for domain
controllers] as events in the security log could then help you troubleshoot
the access problem. --- Steve