File Name Validation when Uploading Images

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by JonChart, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. JonChart

    JonChart Guest

    Hi all,

    I would like to know ho to validate a file name when uploading via asp. I
    need to upload 2 images and the file names must be the same...

    1) browse for 1st image.
    2) image path and file name appears in text box i.e. IMAGE1.JPG
    3) browse for 2nd image.
    4) 2nd image file name MUST match the file name in the text box of 1st image
    i.e IMAGE1.JPG.

    Hope this is clear...

    How can this be done.

    Many thanks,

    Jon
    JonChart, Sep 25, 2003

  2. JonChart

    Ray at Guest

    If
    YourUploadComponent.TheCollectionOfFiles.Item(0).ThePropertyForTheFileName =
    If
    YourUploadComponent.TheCollectionOfFiles.Item(1).ThePropertyForTheFileName
    Then...

    It's hard to say unless you say what you're using as an upload acceptor.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Sep 25, 2003

  3. JonChart

    Ray at Guest