File-New-Window creates shared session variables

BillE

My application relies on session variables to keep track of the currently
selected customer.

When a new window is opened using File-New-Window in Internet Explorer, the
session variables are shared between the two instances of IE. When this
happens, various problems occur, such as orders getting assigned to the
wrong customer.

How can I best manage this problem?

Thanks
Bill

GroupReader

You'll have these issues *any* time you use global variables in *any*
type of application. It's best to use local variables whenever
possible. In asp.net this translates to passing your variables around
from form to form. Use querystring variables or form variables
instead. Sorry I don't have a decent solution, but one more thought:
I think your issue may get worse when IE7 introduces "tabbed
browsing"... which makes it much easier to "open new windows". Maybe
there's an IE setting that tells IE to start a new session when a new
window is opened(?)