"File not found" error when accessing network shale from DLL

mattsthompson

Im writing a DLL that extends IHttpHandler to intercept requests for a
certain file extension and deliver watermarked images.

I'm using LeadTools' .NET framework for the image manipulation and it
is their Codecs.Load which issues the error.

I have the code working when the image is loaded from my local machine
but when loading from a network share I receive a File Not Found error
from the framework that is attempting to load then file - even when the
file is there?

Can anyone guide me to how I can configure the .NET Security settings
to fix this?

Paul Clement

¤
¤ I'm using LeadTools' .NET framework for the image manipulation and it
¤ is their Codecs.Load which issues the error.
¤
¤ I have the code working when the image is loaded from my local machine
¤ but when loading from a network share I receive a File Not Found error
¤ from the framework that is attempting to load then file - even when the
¤ file is there?
¤
¤ Can anyone guide me to how I can configure the .NET Security settings
¤ to fix this?

Is this an ASP.NET application? If so, what type of authentication are you using?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

M_at

It is an ASP.Net authentication but it needs to work without
authentication as the authentication that may be enabled would not map
to our network drives' requirements.

Paul Clement

¤ It is an ASP.Net authentication but it needs to work without
¤ authentication as the authentication that may be enabled would not map
¤ to our network drives' requirements.

OK, so are you using Anonymous authentication?

The issue is likely one of credential delegation. If the file you're attempting to access is remote
from the web server, then authentication credentials will be required on the remote machine to
access the file.

If you're using Anonymous authentication then there must be an identical account on the remote
machine (that has sufficient permissions for the file) with the same password. If you're not
implementing impersonation, this account will be the ASPNET account (NetworkService under Windows
2003).

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

M_at

Thanks Paul but this still has no affect.

I'm raising the issue with LeadTools to see if they have any experience
with this.