File not found problem

bruce

I'm using NetBeans and get the following error when doing a clean
build.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Development\Java\Census.com
\build.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

How do eliminate this error. Newbee error: I deleted the Project with
"Census.com". I clicked on "Open Project" and navigate to the
original project file. [note: it does NOT have the usual NetBeans
project file icon identifying it as a project] NetBeans would not
reload it as a project.

Thanks for the help..

Bruce

markspace

I'm using NetBeans and get the following error when doing a clean
build.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Development\Java\Census.com
\build.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

How do eliminate this error. Newbee error: I deleted the Project with
"Census.com".

What's your goal here? What do you expect it to do instead? You
deleted the file!

Please tell us what you actually expect to happen.

If you don't have a back-up, or a recycle bin, you're pretty much screwed.

Joined
Oct 24, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
to be available to the program file must exists either in classpath or on absolute path. alternatively you can create a new project in netbeans and try the solution if it doesn't work let us know.

Lew

markspace said:
What's your goal here? What do you expect it to do instead? You
deleted the file!

Please tell us what you actually expect to happen.

If you don't have a back-up, or a recycle bin, you're pretty much screwed.

If the directory still exists somewhere or can be recreated, one can use the "import" capability (I forget the exact menu sequence) or "new project with existing sources" to create a new project over the old source.