"file not found redirected to homepage" How?

torlissa

I want people that seek old, nonexistent web pages to be redirected
to my homepage. How do I achieve this?

Tor Clausen

Jukka K. Korpela

I want people that seek old, nonexistent web pages to be redirected
to my homepage. How do I achieve this?

By using HTTP redirection. I'm pretty sure I saw something about that in
some ancient scripture called "FAQ".

Leif K-Brooks

torlissa said:
I want people that seek old, nonexistent web pages to be redirected
to my homepage. How do I achieve this?

Put this in a file named .htaccess:

ErrorDocument 404 index.html

Michel

The only right answer.... out of three
Also, if you might have access to the httgpd.conf in Apache (presuming this
is an apache server) you can use an errordoc 404 in your directives

Regards,

Michel