File not Writing in War File

RigasMinho

Hello,
When I create a war file my application is only able to write to the
log file when i specifically tell its path at:
logfile=D:/Workspace/ldappassword/WebRoot/PasswordAdministration.log
(location is my physical computer)

The application is able to write to that log file when I specifically
tell its location.

However - when I create the war file of this application to deploy to
websphere I need to change around the directory of the logfile
SO
I've tried about every combination to make it write to the file:
logfile=/PasswordAdministration.log (reads but wont write)
logfile=PasswordAdministration.log (reads but wont write)
logfile=//PasswordAdministration.log (wont read or write)
logfile=////PasswordAdministration.log (wont read or write)

None of these work.

Another posibility would be to store the log file in a shared folder
off the network but I dont want to do that. I want it to read and
write to the log file that is stored in the War file.

[...]

ARggg I gave up and just put the darn log file in a shared folder
directory.

I just put the file in a shared folder and then made my app just read
the file from a separate folder instead of reading it from the war
file itself.