File or assembly name <some temp file> not found..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by manish pendse, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    We are calling a web service through a serviced component. The web
    service is "windows authenticated" and there is only ONE user who has
    access to the web service. The reason for calling the web service
    through a serviced component is we did not want to hard code the user
    name and password for the "windows" user having access to the web
    service, and we will be able to pass the credentials without much
    issues.Though it worked great in the development environment, where we
    had control to everything, the production web site crashed with the
    following error:

    File or assembly name aiheejyd.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
    found.
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
    codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
    throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
    Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark&
    stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName
    assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity)
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[]
    xmlMappings)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
    mappings)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor()
    at Microsoft.OEM.SAP.HW.HWSAPRFC.Service..ctor()
    at Microsoft.OEM.SAP.HW.HWRFC.GetSAPOrders(String sCustNum, String
    sShipNum, String sMSOrderFrom, String sMSOrderTo, String sDateFrom,
    String sDateTo, String sPOFrom, String sPOTo, String sStatus, String
    sItemFlag, String sSchedLineFlag)

    The name of the assembly it is looking for changes every now and then.
    So we thought the user probably needs access to the windows temp
    folder. So we did that as well. Nothing worked. So we made the user,
    having access to the web service, an admin on the box where the COM+
    was hosted. Still it did not work. Now we are stuffed. Any suggesstions
    to get this thing working?

    manish pendse, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Manish,

    > We are calling a web service through a serviced component. The web
    > service is "windows authenticated" and there is only ONE user who has
    > access to the web service. The reason for calling the web service
    > through a serviced component is we did not want to hard code the user
    > name and password for the "windows" user having access to the web
    > service, and we will be able to pass the credentials without much
    > issues.Though it worked great in the development environment, where we
    > had control to everything, the production web site crashed with the
    > following error:
    >

    > File or assembly name aiheejyd.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
    > found.

    Give the user your COM+ application is running as, read/write permissions to
    the machine's temp folder.

    --
    Tomas Restrepo

    http://www.winterdom.com/

    Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\), Aug 21, 2005

  3. Hi Manish,

    The name "aiheejyd.dll" is the name of a temporary assembly that the XML
    Serializer is creating for your. This name is generated dynamically,
    which is why it changes every now and then.

    My guess is that you have a serialziation problem (maybe you don't have
    a particular assembly deployed in production).

    Chris sells has a tool that might help in such a situation. It is a
    pre-compiler, which can check for your if a type can be serialized by
    the XMLSerializer:

    http://www.sellsbrothers.com/tools/#XmlSerializerPreCompiler

    Good luck,

    Bennie Haelen