    path and the bean is trying to load, I get File permission error.
    Does anyone know how to resolve this?.

    , Jan 27, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > I have a java bean and I made the bean as a dll using java packager. I
    > can access the methods in VB and when I try to load a file, ie. set the
    > path and the bean is trying to load, I get File permission error.
    > Does anyone know how to resolve this?.

    Don't know VB and don't want to...but the question that occurs to me is
    how the "packaged" bean is running. Is it running as if it were in an
    applet? If so, then it is restricted against local filesystem access
    just like an applet. The solution for applets is signing jars or
    establishing policies, so perhaps you could look in that area.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama