    still doesn't work. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    NGsysad

    , Oct 13, 2005

  2. Scott Allen Guest

    Hi NGsysad:

    What exactly happens when you say it doesn't work?
    Are you using integrated authentication and impersonation?

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Oct 15, 2005

    I have folders created and have basic read write privleges for users on
    the parent folder. In the sub folders I have broken it down to specific
    user privleges. My main thing that's not working is the delete and
    create folders and files. I have denied a users ability to delete and
    they can still delete, i have denied them access and they can still get
    in. What am I doing wrong

    , Oct 17, 2005
  4. Scott Allen Guest

    Are you using windows authentication?
    Are you using impersonation?

    If not, all the requests will be running with the ASP.NET identity
    (defaults to ASPNET on IIS 5.x, NETWORK SERVICE on IIS 6.0), and these
    accounts may have delete capability on those directories.

    Scott Allen, Oct 17, 2005