File.popen/IO.popen

hariwise

Hi:
From ruby code, I am executing another command and reading the output
using File.popen.
The external command might run for a long time and I was to ensure that
if the ruby interpreter is terminated, the process that is executing
the command is cleaned up as well.

How do I accomplish this ? I am working in windows.

Thanks.

Robert Klemme

Hi:

using File.popen.
The external command might run for a long time and I was to ensure that
if the ruby interpreter is terminated, the process that is executing
the command is cleaned up as well.

How do I accomplish this ? I am working in windows.

At least under cygwin this should work: use method #pid of the IO object
created by popen() to record the process id. Then trap SIGINT (or
whatever) and send it via Process.kill to the child process.

Kind regards

robert