pan

Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

I have a problem with file reading in VHDL. I have a file with a number of lines each line consisting of the simultion time and the value of a signal separated by a space. I am relatively new to VHDL and do not know how I can split the line and read the time into and array and the signal value into another array for further processing. I may later have more signal values like in one line have more than 2 values, simulation time, and values of one or more signal values corresponding to the time. Is there any way I can split the line by space and store it into an array as I am reading it??

I would appreciate any information regarding this.

Thank You,

Pan.