    the newer one associated with the installer.
    I need to make the installer, if it finds a file with the same name,
    to replace it with the file included in the installer
    Youhanna Mounir, Dec 5, 2004

  2. Hi,
    I think it overwrites files if the version is later that that of the
    current file. you can try incrementing the file version

    HTH
    Chamindu

    Chamindu R. Munasinghe, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Youhanna Mounir

    Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks for quick reply.
    Unfortunately, some of the files included are not dlls. I have photos,
    text files, xml documents,...etc.
    Those files have no versions. So, I can't increment it.
    Any ideas about this case?

    Youhanna

    Chamindu R. Munasinghe wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I think it overwrites files if the version is later that that of

    the
    > current file. you can try incrementing the file version
    >
    > HTH
    > Chamindu
    >
    > "Youhanna Mounir" <> wrote in message
    > > While deploying a .NET Windows application using a .msi package
    > > created using Visual Studio .NET 2002 deployment project, if a file
    > > with the same name exists in the same location where a file in the
    > > installer need to be created, the old file remains and not updated

    by
    > > the newer one associated with the installer.
    > > I need to make the installer, if it finds a file with the same

    name,
    > > to replace it with the file included in the installer
    , Dec 6, 2004
  4. Youhanna Mounir

    VBen Guest

    Have you tried using the installer's events, to delete files in the
    destination folder before the installation begins copying files?
    I haven't used much the deployment projects, but I've seen there are events
    for every dialog...
    Hope this helps.
    VBen.

    VBen, Feb 1, 2005