    or is wrong my idea??

    thanks
    Alex

    Alex, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Alex wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to write a "File sharing system".
    >
    > Is posssible with socket and thread create multisuer connection at the same
    > time ?

    Yes. You can use multiple sockets and a thread per connection,
    or you can use one of Python's event driven frameworks to handle
    lots of concurrent connections (Twisted, for instance).

    > or is wrong my idea??

    I don't know, but have a look at BitTorrent.
    That is an existing popular file sharing system written in Python.

    http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

    No need reinventing the wheel, right?

    --Irmen de Jong

    Irmen de Jong, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Alex

    Dave Kuhlman Guest

    Irmen de Jong wrote:

    > Alex wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to write a "File sharing system".
    >>
    >> Is posssible with socket and thread create multisuer connection
    >> at the same time ?

    > Yes. You can use multiple sockets and a thread per connection,
    > or you can use one of Python's event driven frameworks to handle
    > lots of concurrent connections (Twisted, for instance).
    >
    >> or is wrong my idea??

    > I don't know, but have a look at BitTorrent.
    > That is an existing popular file sharing system written in Python.
    >
    > http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/
    >
    > No need reinventing the wheel, right?

    Also, you might be interested in Pyro:

    http://pyro.sourceforge.net/

    Pyro claims to support remote objects. Perhaps you could
    represent files with remote objects.

    OK. I admit. It's a stretch. But, if you want to simulate file
    sharing across the *Net* ...

    - Dave

    --
    Dave Kuhlman
    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman

    Dave Kuhlman, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Dave Kuhlman wrote:

    > Also, you might be interested in Pyro:
    >
    > http://pyro.sourceforge.net/

    LOL, that should have been my comment ;-)

    I know of a few Pyro projects that actually *do* use Pyro
    to transfer files across the network. One of them is rather
    interesting, the files are digital images produced by an
    earth-orbiting sattelite.. :)

    --Irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Jun 30, 2003