File size is incomplete by 20 bytes in a remote server when uploading

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Orgil, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Orgil

    Orgil Guest

    Hi all,
    I'm working on a ASP web site. The site has some pages for uploading
    files to its server.
    I'm working on my computer as a local server. When pages of the web
    become ready, I copy the pages to a remote directory of a remote web
    server .
    When I upload files to the local server, any file is completely
    uploaded. But when files are uploaded to a remote server, the size of
    each file is 20 bytes less than the original file size and don't work
    on the remote server.
    Maybe, the difference of 20 bytes is not a constant size, but I see
    the difference is constant.

    What is happening? Please help me!
    Any suggestion will by highly appreciated!

    .... Orgil

    Orgil, Jun 20, 2007

  2. Orgil

    Evertjan. Guest

    Orgil wrote on 20 jun 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I'm working on a ASP web site. The site has some pages for uploading
    > files to its server.
    > I'm working on my computer as a local server. When pages of the web
    > become ready, I copy the pages to a remote directory of a remote web
    > server .
    > When I upload files to the local server, any file is completely
    > uploaded. But when files are uploaded to a remote server, the size of
    > each file is 20 bytes less than the original file size and don't work
    > on the remote server.
    > Maybe, the difference of 20 bytes is not a constant size, but I see
    > the difference is constant.

    Are you doing that upload by ASP code?

    If so please show us thet [part] of the code.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 20, 2007