File Size Limit in Archive::Perl

San

Hi All,

Is there any way to limit the file size while zipping using
Archive::Zip so that it will stop processing a zip operation on a file
list when it crosses the maximum file size.

Thanks in advance.

-A

D. Marxsen

Is there any way to limit the file size while zipping using
Archive::Zip so that it will stop processing a zip operation on a file
list when it crosses the maximum file size.

Well, I never used Archive::Zip - anyhow here my ideas, should Archive::Zip
have no suitable control:

1.
Collect all files to be zipped with a recursive directory search.
2.
Create the archive file by file and after each extension get its size using
the stat command.

Pretty sure not fast, but a working solution anyhow.

Regards,
Detlef.