    I am using Integrated security only on this site but how do I get the
    IUSER_Machinename account to work with Integrated Security?

    - Lisa

    Lise, Jun 6, 2006

  2. "Lise" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > I am using the File System Object to create server side cookies and part

    of
    > the Function that I am writing deletes a file but I am getting a

    permissions
    > denied error on that line of code.

    Not entirely sure what a 'Server side cookie' is however I doubt that's
    relevant

    > I am using Integrated security only on this site but how do I get the
    > IUSER_Machinename account to work with Integrated Security?

    You can't IUSR_MachineName is the used to create a security token under
    which the request runs when accessed anonymously. When using integrated
    security the account provided by the client is used to generate the security
    context.

    Can you not give Domain Users the appropriate access to the file or the
    folder where it resides?

    Anthony Jones, Jun 6, 2006

  3. Lise

    Lise Guest

    Hi Anthony .. Thanks for the reply ..

    I have given "Everyone" Full control on that directory and even tried the
    parent directory as well.
    I'm thinking that since I'm using the FSO to create the text file, it's
    being created by the IUSER_account (even though I'm using integrated
    security) .. and then it's trying to delete the file as the domain user
    accesing the page .. and maybe something isn't working properly there??

    - L

    Lise, Jun 8, 2006
  4. > I have given "Everyone" Full control on that directory

    I strongly recommend undoing that...

    You have to pick IUSR_machineName explicitly when applying permissions.
    This account is not automatically included in "Everyone" IIRC.

    www.winternals.com has some great file access monitoring tools that will
    help you figure out what user(s) is trying to delete the file, then we can
    all stop guessing.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jun 8, 2006