    Thanks in Advance

    Regards
    Rohit

    Rohit Srivastava, May 15, 2009

  2. On May 15, 12:05 pm, Rohit Srivastava <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In Windows 2003 x64, I want to call iscsicli.exe which is there only
    > in system32 directory.
    > Now since in x64 system windows actually redirect the 32 bit
    > application to sysWOW64 directory, if it is looking for system32. For
    > more information look for
    > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384187(VS.85).aspx>
    >
    > Now my application is being redirected to this directory and from
    > python I am always getting an error saying, The program can not find
    > the file specified.
    >
    > Any idea, how  can I overcome this, using python? (Condition :: I must
    > complie for 32 bit system only)
    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > Regards
    > Rohit

    Apologies for the last statement in the previous post.
    Please read it as (I need to comply with 32 bit Windows system also).

    Regards
    Rohit

    Rohit Srivastava, May 15, 2009

  3. Rohit Srivastava

    Dave Angel Guest

    Rohit Srivastava wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In Windows 2003 x64, I want to call iscsicli.exe which is there only
    > in system32 directory.
    > Now since in x64 system windows actually redirect the 32 bit
    > application to sysWOW64 directory, if it is looking for system32. For
    > more information look for
    > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384187(VS.85).aspx >
    >
    > Now my application is being redirected to this directory and from
    > python I am always getting an error saying, The program can not find
    > the file specified.
    >
    > Any idea, how can I overcome this, using python? (Condition :: I must
    > complie for 32 bit system only)
    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > Regards
    > Rohit

    My experience with Microsoft's 64 bit systems is limited to the Itanium
    system (while it was still called Merced), prerelease.

    <rabbittrail>
    Shadowing directories has to be a big mistake. And especially if the
    directory is called "system32." Seems logical that there could be
    another one called "system64". And that 64 bit applications would have
    to have their sources tweaked while being ported from a different OS.

    I remember FILEPATH and DATAPATH, in DOS days. It tried to
    automatically alias directory locations on a file open, similar to what
    PATH does for program launches. But many applications, when trying to
    update their files, put the update back in the user-supplied directory,
    so you ended up with two copies, one out of date. Big mess.
    </rabbittrail>

    I presume the reason that iscsicli.exe is located there is that it's a
    64 bit executable?

    Why not follow some of the advice in the page you quoted? You probably
    can't use SysNative, since it was introduced with Vista. But what's
    wrong with Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection() ??
    see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365743(VS.85).aspx

    The page says it's available on Server 2003, as of SP1. If you can't be
    sure SP1 is installed, I'm not sure what to suggest. A batch or CMD
    file? Or are those restricted as well?

    Dave Angel, May 15, 2009