File Unavailable ASP code

jnb0012

I created a form and sent the inputs to an asp file where I use the
entry to open an excel file by saying

Response.Redirect("filename")

I want to use this because I will be sending new reports everyday and
don't want to update the list of available reports for the user to
choose from. This all works fine, my question is...Does anyone know
how to get a pop up or something instead of going to This page cannot
be found error page when the file is not available? Not sure how I
would code it to check for the file and then give me a pop up if it
isn't there.

Thanks

Mike Brind

I created a form and sent the inputs to an asp file where I use the
entry to open an excel file by saying

Response.Redirect("filename")

I want to use this because I will be sending new reports everyday and
don't want to update the list of available reports for the user to
choose from. This all works fine, my question is...Does anyone know
how to get a pop up or something instead of going to This page cannot
be found error page when the file is not available? Not sure how I
would code it to check for the file and then give me a pop up if it
isn't there.

Thanks

Did my suggestion in the other group not work then?

jnb0012

Got it Mike. Thanks. One more question, is there a way to say
<!--#include virtual="filename"--> and have that filename be a string I
created?

Thanks again