    When I use the file upload control <input type = file> and try to upload an
    exe file it errors, how do i get it to allow exe file uploads so I can
    display a frendly warrning message about they might be dangerous? thanks!
    Brian Henry, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Hi Brian,

    From your description, you got some certain error when uploading "exe" file
    using the HtmlInputFile control in asp.net web application ,yes?

    As far as I know, there is no buildin checking on the uploading file's type
    in asp.net and generally we need to provide our checking code, such as
    client validaiton script code, here is a tech article which has mentioned
    this:

    #Uploading Files Using the File Field Control
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-fileupload.asp?fr
    ame=true#aspnet-fileupload_topic2c

    and as for the error you get, would you provide some detailed information
    on it ? Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support