File upload permissions

Mark

I am working on a ASP .Net application that would allow the users to upload files to the server using htmlInputFile control. The server is W2K. My question is: what type of permissions are required to which accounts to faciliate uploading the file.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Mark

Alvin Bruney

the aspnet worker account will need write permissions on the directory. You
can do this by rightclicking on the folder and going to the security tab

--

-----------
Got TidBits?
I am working on a ASP .Net application that would allow the users to upload
files to the server using htmlInputFile control. The server is W2K. My
question is: what type of permissions are required to which accounts to
faciliate uploading the file.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Mark

Suresh

This is really a question for your networking group.
They should know who to give the appropriate permissions.

But for development sake give ASPNET user write
permissions to the directory where the files will be
uploaded.

HTH,
Suresh.