File Upload Permissions

Jay

As described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323246 I set the
permissions on folder that I am uploading to as full control for
Computername\ASPNET. This worked on my development laptop but not on the
production server. I was very careful to make sure the permissions were set
correctly.

In order to upload files I had to add Everyone and set permissions to full
control. Obviously, I do not want that.

Any thoughts as to why using ASPNET does not work.

Jay

Kevin Spencer

The first thing to do would be to figure out what user account ASP.Net is
running under on the server machine. Then assign the same permissions to it
that you assigned to the account you used on your local machine.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

If your production server is Windows 2003 then ASP.NET runs under a
different user account by default: NetworkService
That is the account that will need the elevated permissions.