    control. Obviously, I do not want that.

    Any thoughts as to why using ASPNET does not work.

    Jay

    Jay, Apr 4, 2005

  2. The first thing to do would be to figure out what user account ASP.Net is
    running under on the server machine. Then assign the same permissions to it
    that you assigned to the account you used on your local machine.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 4, 2005

  3. If your production server is Windows 2003 then ASP.NET runs under a
    different user account by default: NetworkService
    That is the account that will need the elevated permissions.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 4, 2005