File Upload with asp.net by one Click

Stefan Berger

Hello everybody,

i have a proble with uploading files in asp.net.
i want to make a special file upload-page without displaying the common
html-file-upload-control.
i have a made an additional upload-button which shold display the
open-file-dialog an then immediatly submit the form.
it's no problem to call the open-file-dialog by javascript (
inputfilecontrol.click() ), but if i want to submit the form i get an error
'access denied' and the file-upload-control is emty.

For my application its needfull to do a file-upload by only one click!

can enybody help me

Teemu Keiski

Are you trying to set something to the upload control itself like trying to
set the path manually? Which code line gives you the access denied error?

It is nearly impossible to change those behaviors as they are per standards
and browser implementations. Uploading is concerned with security issues so
there's not much you can do. I'm quire sure it takes user to explicitly
select the files and then send the form, in separate steps.