File Upload with Jsf....

Discussion in 'Java' started by gbattine, May 29, 2006.

  1. gbattine

    gbattine Guest

    Hi,
    i'm a new Jsf user and i have a problem. I have to develop a web
    application that allow a file upload.
    1) Mi first question is : how to realize file upload with JSF and
    Eclipse? I know it's impossible with standard libraries but it's
    possibile with myfaces extensions...
    How can i do it?Can you help me with some code,i'm a newbie and i'm not
    too expert...
    2) My second question is: after the upload my application has to show
    at the user the number of columns and rows of the files. I have
    realized a java application that makes it reading a file in this way

    FileReader file = new FileReader(fileName);
    BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(file);

    and later counts row and column numbers.
    Can i use it in my application?How?

    Thanks for you help.

    gbattine, May 29, 2006