file uploader script

ll

I'm working with an uploader script and am trying to establish the
parent directory to which files will be uploaded. However, after the
parent directory is set in the code and the file is uploaded, a folder
is created 'under' the cgi-bin folder that has the full path name as
its title, rather than using that path as the basis upon which to
concatenate the rest of the path. The page, when run, says that the
file has been uploaded successfully, but when following the link it
generates to the file, it cannot be opened, due to a repeat in the
path (e.g. www.mysite.com/uploads/uploads/test.txt)

Here is the URL for the download for this: http://www.cnctek.com/bizdb-html/download.html

Follow this link:
Download File Uploader - use "guest" for user name and password

Thanks for any help or resources,
Louis

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

ll said:
I'm working with an uploader script and am trying to establish the
parent directory to which files will be uploaded. However, after the
parent directory is set in the code and the file is uploaded, a folder
is created 'under' the cgi-bin folder that has the full path name as
its title, rather than using that path as the basis upon which to
concatenate the rest of the path. The page, when run, says that the
file has been uploaded successfully, but when following the link it
generates to the file, it cannot be opened, due to a repeat in the
path (e.g. www.mysite.com/uploads/uploads/test.txt)

Here is the URL for the download for this: http://www.cnctek.com/bizdb-html/download.html

Follow this link:
Download File Uploader - use "guest" for user name and password

If that script doesn't work as expected, please consult the
documentation or the script author.

If you want to write your own script, and are encountering difficulties
when doing so, this group may be a good place to ask for help. Btw, you
may want to make use of the CPAN module CGI::UploadEasy.

ll

If that script doesn't work as expected, please consult the
documentation or the script author.

If you want to write your own script, and are encountering difficulties
when doing so, this group may be a good place to ask for help. Btw, you
may want to make use of the CPAN module CGI::UploadEasy.

Gunnar,
Thanks for your reply. I've now got the files to upload (to "cgi-bin/
upload/" - for some reason I cannot get them to upload to "root/
upload/". I am able to open the files from the ftp client, although
when I try opening them via the link created (which turns out to be
the empty "root/upload/" directory) on the page, I get the following
error:
"Not Found
The requested URL /upload/comm_khicks.gif was not found on this
server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

I would like a way to view/open the files within the "root/upload/"
directory. Thanks for the tip re CGI::UploadEasy.

Louis

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

ll said:
Thanks for your reply. I've now got the files to upload (to "cgi-bin/
upload/" - for some reason I cannot get them to upload to "root/
upload/".

I had a look at the script's config variables. Try this setting:

$parent_dir = "$ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/";
I am able to open the files from the ftp client, although
when I try opening them via the link created (which turns out to be
the empty "root/upload/" directory) on the page, I get the following
error:
"Not Found
The requested URL /upload/comm_khicks.gif was not found on this
server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

I would like a way to view/open the files within the "root/upload/"
directory.

As long as the files are not saved in that directory, you can't
reasonably be expecting to view/open the files there, can you?
Thanks for the tip re CGI::UploadEasy.

You're welcome. Note, again, that this group is for discussing Perl
programming, not for assistance with ready-to-use scripts.

ll

I had a look at the script's config variables. Try this setting:

$parent_dir = "$ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/";

As long as the files are not saved in that directory, you can't
reasonably be expecting to view/open the files there, can you?

You're welcome. Note, again, that this group is for discussing Perl
programming, not for assistance with ready-to-use scripts.

Gunnar,
Many thanks - that was what it needed - the correct diretory is
receiving and displaying the files. Also, thanks for the word on the
group - will look for a group more suitably tailored to this.

regards,
Louis