FILE UPLOADING IN ASP.NET or ASP for that matter

psb

WHO HAS THE BEST COMPONENT FOR FILE UPLOAD? HELP!? has anyone achieved
100% success with HTTP uploading with Mac clients??? I thought the whole
<input type="file" .../> was a w3c standard that goes back 10 years!!

I have been doing web development with either asp or asp.net since 1998. I
have implemented almost every methodology for file uploading -> com+, asp
w/ado.stream, asp.net, asp.net private assemblies. In my past experienced,
the people uploading images have been administrators managing inventory or
content on a CMS, so they were forced to use IE5+.

I started working for a printing company back in 2002. Printing companies
NEED ftp access for their clients, especially MAC clients. The printing
industry is fueled by MAC. For 1.5 years, I have been on so many support
calls trying to get MAC users to connect to our ftp site that my head has
spun off. My boss and I were sick of all, so he wanted us to make it as
simple as possible. We bought an expensive FileUpload Control (asp.net),
which was working perfectly until this past friday when a Mac user trying to
upload a 50 meg file from his home DSL line failed at 75%.

any response is greatly appreciated!
-Paul