    use a client side control to do the uploads since I have to support very unsophisticated users and several different
    browsers on Mac, Windows, and Linux).

    --Buddy
    Buddy Ackerman, May 8, 2005

  2. Buddy Ackerman

    Dave Fancher Guest

    I'm not totally sure but the problem may be related to the upload file size
    restriction imposed by the ASP.NET runtime. You can adjust the maximum size
    by including the httpRuntime element and specifying its maxRequestLength
    property in the application's web.config file. Refer to the following link
    for more information.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/cpgenref/html/gngrfhttpruntimesection.asp

    HTH
    ----------------
    Dave Fancher
    http://davefancher.blogspot.com

    Dave Fancher, May 9, 2005

  3. I forgot to mention that I've set the size to 15MB, so it's not the maxRequestlength that's the problem. However that
    raises a question. How does ASP.NET know the fils size? Does the client send the file size in the header? If so maybe
    the client browser is sending the wrong file size or maybe it's not send the file size and that's causing it to fail.
    The problem is that I wouldn't expect it to throw a 400 error back to the user. I've seen what happens when you try to
    upload a file that's larger than the maxRequestlength and it's a nasty ASP.NET runtime error screen.

    Also, as I said in the original post it's not a problem for everyone. I don't have the problem when I upload files and
    the user that had the problem was using Windows XP and tried it with both IE and FireFox.

    --Buddy

    Buddy Ackerman, May 9, 2005