File Write Access Denied with ASP .NET on Domain Controler

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Seb, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. Seb

    Seb Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a web page that tries to write in a xml file but I have an
    Access Denied error on the xml file.

    The page is working properly on the development computer but not on
    test environment.

    On the test environment the Web sServer is also PDC so there is no
    ASPNET account on this computer.
    - I have created a weak account with appropriate permissions
    (following "ASP.NET does not work with the default ASPNET account on a
    domain controller" article from Microsoft Support)
    - I have changed the <ProcessModel> entry in the Machine.config to use
    my account.
    - I granted the new account Read - Write - Modify permissions on the
    xml file.
    - The web site is running in Anonymous mode (using IUSR_MACHINE
    account).

    But still my web page cannot modify the xml file.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    S├ębastien.

    Seb, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Seb

    swat Guest

    If the website is being accessed by domain users, you could try
    removing Anonymous in IIS and setting authentication to Windows
    Integrated. Then add <authentication mode="Windows"> and <identity
    impersonation="true"/> in the application's web.config file.

    swat, Apr 20, 2005

  3. Seb

    Seb Guest

    Well the web site is not accessed by domain users but by Anonymous
    users s oI can't remove Anonymous access in IIS.

    Any other suggestion ?

    Thanks for your help.

    Seb, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Seb

    swat Guest

    I took a look at the article you referred to. The only thing I can
    think of is that they forgot to include performing an IISRESET after
    changing the machine.config file. But I'm assuming you did this?

    swat, Apr 20, 2005