File write access on server

Lloyd Sheen

I found a sample of uploading a file to the server. This works fine. I
just created a virtual directory placed the aspx file in it and navigated to
the directory. No problem there.

Then to make it "better" I created a new application and copied the code and
HTML to a new web app. When I run exactly the same code I get a message ::

Upload of File KazaAmy.jpg to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UploadFiles failed for the
following reason: Access to the path
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UploadFiles\KazaAmy.jpg" is denied.

The original is not compiled and I have compared the properties of both web
folders and the only difference is that the application has "Application
Settings"

Any ideas??

Lloyd Sheen

Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT]

Try to check the IIS authentication settings and check <authentication> and
<identity> sections of the web.config file for both virtual sites .

HtH,
Andrea

Lloyd Sheen

Thanks that was it.