  1. nivparsons

    nivparsons Guest

    How do I get the real time and date in a test bench so I can put it in my results file, which gets written out as part of the testing?

    nivparsons, Jun 12, 2012

  2. On 12 Jun., 21:20, nivparsons <> wrote:
    > How do I get the real time and date in a test bench so I can put it in my results file, which gets written out as part of the testing?

    real date and time is not part of vhdl language, so you need to get
    this function using foreign language interface (fli) and external
    functions. In modelsim it is called pli instead of fli.

    bye Thomas

    Thomas Stanka, Jun 13, 2012

  3. nivparsons

    HT-Lab Guest

    On 12/06/2012 20:20, nivparsons wrote:
    > How do I get the real time and date in a test bench so I can put it in my results file, which gets written out as part of the testing?

    You might want to search this newsgroup as it has been discussed a
    number of times.

    I prefer to use a bit of Tcl to force the date from my script onto some
    signals. Here is a simple example:

    http://www.ht-lab.com/freeutils/date2hdl/date2hdl.html

    Good luck,
    Hans.
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Jun 13, 2012
  4. nivparsons

    nivparsons Guest

    On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:14:06 PM UTC+1, HT-Lab wrote:
    > On 12/06/2012 20:20, nivparsons wrote:
    > > How do I get the real time and date in a test bench so I can put it in my results file, which gets written out as part of the testing?
    > >

    > You might want to search this newsgroup as it has been discussed a
    > number of times.
    >
    > I prefer to use a bit of Tcl to force the date from my script onto some
    > signals. Here is a simple example:
    >
    > http://www.ht-lab.com/freeutils/date2hdl/date2hdl.html
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Hans.
    > www.ht-lab.com

    Actually, you can do it withthe modelsim.utils library. There are time & date functions there, very useful.

    nivparsons, Jun 20, 2012