    download files from the web server?

    --
    ComputerWeenie

    ComputerWeenie, Dec 7, 2007

  2. ComputerWeenie

    Phil H Guest

    On 7 Dec, 20:54, ComputerWeenie
    <> wrote:
    > I am using Visual Web Developer and using the FileUpload Control to upload
    > files to the web server just fine.
    >
    > But, why do I not see a FileDownload Control? How can I allow users to
    > download files from the web server?
    >
    > --
    > ComputerWeenie

    There is one. It's called a hyperlink (put the file path in the the
    href or NavigateUrl attribute values).

    Registered file types (e.g. jpeg, gif, pdf etc) will invoke browser
    behaviours that display the file in a browser window but that can be
    overriden by the user doing a right-click and selecting "save target
    as".

    HTH

    Phil H, Dec 8, 2007

  3. Phil,

    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    Just one last question.... I have used the Hyperlink control and put the
    file path in the the NavigateUrl. If I right click on the hyperlink it allows
    me to File-Save.

    But why does the Save As dialog not appear when just clicking on the
    Hyperlink???

    --
    ComputerWeenie

    ComputerWeenie, Dec 10, 2007