    a method of webservice to return the list of filename from the server's disk
    d:,when i pulished the webservice to the server and call the method in my
    application return a messagebox that there is fileiopermission error .

    joycsharp, Dec 12, 2005

  2. joycsharp

    GCR Guest

    Well, the asp.net process runs probably under a security context that
    dosesn't have the apropriate NTFS permissions. Quick check: set <identity
    impersonate="true" /> in web.config and call the web service directly from
    IE: if I'm right, it should work, as long as your user account have the
    permission RX on D:

    GCR, Dec 12, 2005