    instead of the HTML input= file is that I need to specify the directory and
    the filter for the openfiledialog.
    Thanks in advance
    Anita C, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Anita,

    If you open a file dialog in your code you are actually opening that dialog
    on the server not on the client. You have to keep in mind that web
    programming is disconnected.

    The code-behind you run on the server exists only on the server. Then when
    the html page is compiled the server sends that compiled page to the web
    browser.

    You've only got two choices here. You'll need to install a program on the
    client, which will require their permission when downloaded (you could use
    an active x component or if the client has the .Net framework installed on
    it you could make calls to the framework on the client). Or you'll need to
    use the html file input.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    "Anita C" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to follow the Ms sample in the .Net
    > SDK/Technologies/Interop/PlatformInvoke/WinAPIs/CS-
    > to click on a button on a webform to bring up the fileopendialog. But it
    > does not seem to work and the process timesout. Can someone please point

    out

    S. Justin Gengo, Dec 2, 2003