    background) is this. If it is so simple to copy a web site, then make
    changes easily, then why in the world would anyone write from "scratch"
    (copyright issues notwithstanding)?

    Chrissy Cruiser, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Chrissy Cruiser

    MightyKitten Guest

    "Chrissy Cruiser" <> schreef in bericht
    news:1ms9bbp3etwo8$

    Depends: WinHTTrack saves the files like they are received by the browser.
    If the original webdeveloper did not use any ways to create dynamic pages (a
    database, php, perl, asp) it would not be much difference. If they did use a
    server side programming language, you are not able to lurk that out of the
    site.

    Things like javascript, flash (as long as it is a single file flash),
    visualbasic script images, music, stylesheets, ect... will be copied fine,
    including the directory structure.

    One thing that puzzles me though, is why you just tons ask for the name and
    password of the ftp site and download the whole bunch, edit it and upload it
    again.

    mightykitten
    --

    http://www.it-hulp.nl/
    http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/

    gmx.net is the mailserver of mightykitten
    start subject with *ping* or the antispam monster will eat it.

    MightyKitten, Aug 23, 2004

  3. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:02:04 +0200, MightyKitten wrote:

    > Depends: WinHTTrack saves the files like they are received by the browser.
    > If the original webdeveloper did not use any ways to create dynamic pages (a
    > database, php, perl, asp) it would not be much difference. If they did use a
    > server side programming language, you are not able to lurk that out of the
    > site.

    Ok, I see.

    > Things like javascript, flash (as long as it is a single file flash),
    > visualbasic script images, music, stylesheets, ect... will be copied fine,
    > including the directory structure.

    Yes, that appears too all be there. No server side stuff I believe.

    > One thing that puzzles me though, is why you just tons ask for the name and
    > password of the ftp site and download the whole bunch, edit it and upload it
    > again.

    Not that smart.

    LOL

    I am not sure that my friend can supply that since he is not where his
    computers are. He didn't offer it but that doesn't mean he thought about
    doing it either.

    Thank you, MightyKitten. meow.

    Chrissy Cruiser, Aug 23, 2004