    I can count the number of hits on the page with the link but how can I count
    how many times it has actually been downloaded?

    Jaez

    netnatter, Oct 3, 2009

  2. netnatter

    Patrice Guest

    Hello,

    > I can count the number of hits on the page with the link but how can I
    > count how many times it has actually been downloaded?

    You have this information in the IIS log (more precisely the number of times
    the link as been clicked).

    If you need to get this info programmtically rathern than putting a link to
    the PDF file, you could put a link to a page that will stream the file to
    the browser. This way this page (or a handler) can do whatever you want
    before streaming the file (such as counting). See :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/12s31dhy(VS.80).aspx and search for
    this method on the web for tons of example...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Oct 3, 2009