Filesharing problems with Source Safe

Guest

I am starting a new project with VS.NET 2003 using Source Safe for version
control. The project is set up and we can both access the project (from
remote machines). We are running into a few problems though.

The main one is that if we both have the project open at the same time and
add files, when the other developer saves, it overwrites my copy of the
..vbproj file and when i save it overwrites his and so our file lists get all
messed up.

How can I configure it to get around this or am I setting it up wrong?

Matt Berther

Hello Mike,

You might try posting in the right newsgroup to start with. Exactly how does
this relate to ASP.NET?

Try microsoft.public.visual.sourcesafe.

Eliyahu Goldin

That is what checking out/in all about. Checking out project before changing
will lock it for other users.

Eliyahu