    using port, not pickup. Is this expected?

    Cheers,

    Alan
    Alan Howard, Jun 19, 2004

  2. Alan Howard

    IPT Guest

    Are outgoing email server for cdoSendUsingPickup and cdoSendUsingPort same?

    If they aren't, this may be that the remote server of cdoSendUsingPort has
    no filesize limitation.

    "Alan Howard" <> wrote in message
    > Just migrating some code from CDONTS to CDO and noticed some behaviour I
    > want to verify.
    >
    > When using cdoSendUsingPickup the outgoing email spools to the local
    > filesystem first before being routed out. When using cdoSendUsingPort it
    > goes directly to the remote email server and seems to bypass the virtual
    > SMTP server running on the local machine (which can be stopped). This is

    all
    > fine.
    >
    > I noticed that sending emails that exceed the maximum filesize limitation
    > set in the SMTP server properties pages only seems to trigger an error

    when

    IPT, Jun 19, 2004

  3. Alan Howard

    Alan Howard Guest

    > > I noticed that sending emails that exceed the maximum filesize
    limitation
    > > set in the SMTP server properties pages only seems to trigger an error

    > when
    > > using port, not pickup. Is this expected?

    > Are outgoing email server for cdoSendUsingPickup and cdoSendUsingPort

    same?

    > If they aren't, this may be that the remote server of cdoSendUsingPort has
    > no filesize limitation.

    Pickup goes via the local machine's pickup directory and port sends via a
    remote machine on my network. During much experimentation I've tried
    changing the settings of the SMTP servers on both machines (local and
    remote) and as far as I can tell the max filesize limitation isn't enforced
    when using cdoSendUsingPickup.
    Alan Howard, Jun 20, 2004