Filesize limitations using cdoSendUsingPickup, cdoSendUsingPort

Alan Howard

Just migrating some code from CDONTS to CDO and noticed some behaviour I
want to verify.

When using cdoSendUsingPickup the outgoing email spools to the local
filesystem first before being routed out. When using cdoSendUsingPort it
goes directly to the remote email server and seems to bypass the virtual
SMTP server running on the local machine (which can be stopped). This is all
fine.

I noticed that sending emails that exceed the maximum filesize limitation
set in the SMTP server properties pages only seems to trigger an error when
using port, not pickup. Is this expected?

Cheers,

Alan

IPT

Are outgoing email server for cdoSendUsingPickup and cdoSendUsingPort same?

If they aren't, this may be that the remote server of cdoSendUsingPort has
no filesize limitation.

Alan Howard

I noticed that sending emails that exceed the maximum filesize
limitation
Are outgoing email server for cdoSendUsingPickup and cdoSendUsingPort same?

If they aren't, this may be that the remote server of cdoSendUsingPort has
no filesize limitation.

Pickup goes via the local machine's pickup directory and port sends via a
remote machine on my network. During much experimentation I've tried
changing the settings of the SMTP servers on both machines (local and
remote) and as far as I can tell the max filesize limitation isn't enforced
when using cdoSendUsingPickup.