FileStream permission problem with asp.NET web application!

Guest

I want to be able to upload a file to a asp.NET web application using the FileStream object. The problem is that I get a permission error saying that the application don't have write permisson to the specific file path. The only solution I have found is to give the aspnetuser pemissions to the specific folder
This is not an acceptable solution thow, because the application is supposed to be on a public website where many different users may use it
I have also made an console application with the same code where it works fine! So the problem is when to construct a web application

Is there any soulution to this problem??

avnrao

its the normal behaviour..the identity in which aspnet_wp.exe process runs
needs to have access to the filesystem folder.
instead of using the default aspnet account, you can create a windows group
or user account and run under that account. and you can handle permissions
for that user.

Av.

Guest

If you read the whole Error message in its totality you will see that it
tells you EXACTLY which permissions you need to apply to the file or folder
and which user or group.
Network Service or ASPNET depending upon your platform (Win2k3 or Win2k/XP)
and you have to apply write permissions to that file. This is probably one
of the most annoying security restrictions but only time will tell whether
it protectes anything

Guest

That's bad
I can't set permission on folders I dont know of! Is it supposed that users must set permission in their filesystem if they are about to use my application, that's really bad!

Guest

This is a Web Application. Their Web Hosting provider should provide a
method for them to set permissions for their folders. They do not have to do
it to "their file systems" unless they are going to host the website ontheir
own server in which case they would have to do the same thing that the
webhost provider would have to do

If it were a normal application running under normal user credentials it
would not need this. Because it is a web application it is running under
different credentials and requires special permissions to write to files