Filesystem Object and IIS6

stuart

Hi,

I am trying to access remote directories using the filesystemobject
and ASP. This only seems to work when the security is set to
anonymous. However, I want to connect to the remote server and pass
through the users credentials rather than the "connect as" anonymous
credentials. The web server is 2003 and running IIS6.

Thanks for your help

Stuart

Jeff Cochran

I am trying to access remote directories using the filesystemobject
and ASP. This only seems to work when the security is set to
anonymous. However, I want to connect to the remote server and pass
through the users credentials rather than the "connect as" anonymous
credentials. The web server is 2003 and running IIS6.

Got an error that makes you think it isn't working? If so, share it
with us...

Jeff

Stuart Cochrane

Hi Jeff,

When i set the security on the ASP page as an anonymous user (without
permissions on the directory folder) I get:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
Permission denied

If I keep the settings as anonymous but give the anonymous user
permissions on the remote server then the page is displayed.

However, When i set the security on the ASP page as an 'authenticated
windows security' (and my user has permisions on the directory folder) I
get:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'
Path not found

My problem is I want to pass the users credentials to the remote server
so I can differentiate between users permissions on the remote server.
Consequently, I don not want everyone to connect as the same user.

The ASP page uses the filesystemobject and uses a virtual path to view
the remote directory.

This is the same problem as quoted in MKB 197964 but I have no
information of how to resolve the problem using IIS6.

Thanks for your help.

Stuart