FileSystem Object - Iterating through a directory and building the path

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Lise, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Lise

    Lise Guest

    Hi all ..

    I have a directory with several subdirectories and a number of files in
    each.
    These files are accessed by going to a web page and clicking in a listbox
    and navigating to the desired file.

    Currently, when a new file is added to one of the sub directories, a new
    link must be added to the web
    page to add the new file to the listbox ... yes .... a very manually
    intensive process!

    I believe that I can replace this existing process with a dynamic one using
    the File System Object but I could
    use a little help thinking it through.

    I need to display the file name (without the extention) in the listbox and I
    need to build the path to the
    file to be used as the Option Value in the listbox.

    i.e.
    <Option
    value=file://servername/directory/subdirectory/subdirectory/subdirectory/fil
    ename

    I need two loops ... looping through the Folder Collection and through the
    File collection. Do I nest them?
    And how do I capture the path as it's building?

    Thanks for any help and any direction !
    - lise

    Lise, Nov 17, 2003