    The page cannot be displayed
    There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time.

    any clues why GetFolder takes so long ? and what is going on?

    John Keenan, Sep 22, 2005

  2. John Keenan

    John Keenan Guest

    after searching & playing all night, finally found it.... Norton Antivirus &
    having to reboot after turning the scripting check off....
    this can't be very safe... so how does commerical sites handle this? Not
    use the FileSystemObject?

    "John Keenan" <> wrote in message
    > the CreateObject works fine.
    > the FolderExists works fine... I tested this out by giving it a folder

    that

    John Keenan, Sep 22, 2005

  3. "John Keenan" <> wrote in message

    > after searching & playing all night, finally found it.... Norton Antivirus
    > &
    > having to reboot after turning the scripting check off....
    > this can't be very safe... so how does commerical sites handle this? Not
    > use the FileSystemObject?

    Web servers normally do not get infected with Desktop virusses or malware.
    So just never use the web server as a Windows XP system and have it it run
    websites only.
    My personal opinion is that a virustool on a web server, is snake oil, it
    gives you a false feeling of being safe.

    If you allow other customers to upload scripts, then it would be better to
    have such a tool.

    And b.t.w. yes, I would disable script blocking. A useless option on a web
    server.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Sep 24, 2005