FileSystemObject

John Keenan

the CreateObject works fine.
the FolderExists works fine... I tested this out by giving it a folder that
does not exists too

working fine means, I get response within a moment or two.

but when I use GetFolder, IE takes about 30 seconds to go half way on the
progress bar, then hangs
Also, I do get notified from Norton that something is trying to do go out.

eventually I get this from IE:
The page cannot be displayed
There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time.

any clues why GetFolder takes so long ? and what is going on?

John Keenan

after searching & playing all night, finally found it.... Norton Antivirus &
having to reboot after turning the scripting check off....
this can't be very safe... so how does commerical sites handle this? Not
use the FileSystemObject?

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

&
having to reboot after turning the scripting check off....
this can't be very safe... so how does commerical sites handle this? Not
use the FileSystemObject?

Web servers normally do not get infected with Desktop virusses or malware.
So just never use the web server as a Windows XP system and have it it run
websites only.
My personal opinion is that a virustool on a web server, is snake oil, it
gives you a false feeling of being safe.

If you allow other customers to upload scripts, then it would be better to
have such a tool.

And b.t.w. yes, I would disable script blocking. A useless option on a web
server.