FIleUpload and file name saving

nicknack

Hello.
I would like to give my user the option to browse his files (like the
simple fileUpload control do) and after selecting the file (and when
the fileUpload control hold in his text box the full path and file
name) I want to press another button and get the path+file name as a
string.

I want to do this with out actually upload the file. I use the
fileupload just for his browsing option.

the problem is that after selecting the file, the fileupload have a
property called "fileName" that only return the file name and not the
path.

Also, if i type a file name myself and not choosing it with the browse
- It doesn't even recognaize it as a file name.

Any help?
How can I have a simple browsing control that save path+file name?

thanks!